Pages

Monday 1 December 2014

Matariki

Matariki

Suddenly I feel a bitter wind wrap around me like a long snake, I look up and see the twinkly stars that light up the early morning sky. Uncle Paul calls to the rest of my family, ‘Hurry up you’re as slow as snails, the sun will be up by the time you get here!’ I’m so glad it’s Matariki again, Its such fun getting up in the morning to see the stars.

I turn my chin up again to search for the famous seven sisters.’There they are!’ I shout as they seem to turn and glitter in the dark velvety sky. All the glistening reflected on the water makes me dizzy so I turn to the fire to warm myself.

I see my family walking with a slouch in their backs and a sleepy frown on their faces, going towards the dancing fire that flickers ambers, oranges and golds. All the colours blend together to make a hot coloured rainbow. At the top of the fiery tongues a swirl of smoke drifts into the air... on a ride to the moon.

As the smoke goes up my thoughts do to, I think about God and how he created our earth and the beautiful stars that gleam and glow in the black blanket of space.I wish to be here forever but I know the sun will rise soon so I make the most of celebrating my favorite day with the people I love most, my family.

Danielle  

No comments:

Post a Comment